Introduction of CSS
- CSS is stands to Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).
- CSS is easy mechanism for adding style(e.g., Font, layout, Colour, Spacing, etc.) to the Web Pages.
- Note:: CSS is Developed by Hakon Wium Lie & Bert genus Bos. Releases on: 17 December 1996.
Meaning of Cascading Style Sheet
- Cascading Means: Look
- Style Means : Design on HTML component & Adding style to Web Documents.
- Sheet Means: Like Web Pages.
Why uses CSS?
− it’s accustomed outline designs for your sites, as well as the planning, layout and variation in show for various devices and screen sizes.
What will CSS do?
- Text size, color, style, typeface, & Alignment.
- Link color & style.
- Image size & Alignment.
- List bullet designs & indentation.
- Table size, shading, borders, & alignment, etc.
History of CSS
At first look of the title, you may surprise, a lesson in CSS? Well to understand the present state of CSS lets virtually return in time to understand however it all started, its purpose of creation, its evolution, and what the longer term would possibly hold.
We can trace the roots of CSS back to the year 1994 once Håkon Wium Lie planned it whereas operating with Tim Berners-Lee at CERN.
At an equivalent time, many stylesheets were planned and discussions on public mailing lists and World Wide net syndicate (W3C) resulted within the initial W3C CSS Recommendation being discharged within the year 1996. Bert Bos conjointly created associate authoritative proposal and have become the author of CSS1 and thus thought to be one amongst the creators of CSS
Before the creation of CSS, voguesheets had existed within the Eighties at the origination of normal Generalization nomenclature within the variety of DSSL (Document Style linguistics and Specification Language) AND FOSI (Formatting Output Specification Instance), each weren’t appropriate for propulsion stylesheets from multiple sources. that crystal rectifier to the creation of CSS, therefore removing this barrier.